Honda Motor co., Ltd. will begin sales of a limited number of the 2010 Civic Type R Euro, a premium sports model of the Honda Civic. Only 2,010 units will be shipped from Europe to Japan for sale. When will it come to the States? The 2010 Honda Civic Type R models are specially tuned to highlight the base model’s driving performance to provide a sporty racing feeling. Two models of 2010 Honda Civic TypeR are now available in Japan.
The 2010 Civic Type R Euro is a premium sports model, and it is equipped with a specially designed, 2.0l naturally aspirated engine (max. output: 198 horsepower (148 kw)/ 7,800rpm) paired with a responsive, 6-speed manual transmission. A lighter, more rigid body shell, specially tuned suspension and 18-inch wheels contribute to the 2010 Civic Type R’s ability to push the performance envelope.
Custom aerodynamic components enhance the body’s already outstanding aerodynamic form, while interior features including a custom 3-spoke, small-diameter, leather-wrapped steering wheel, aluminum ball-type shift knob, and Honda R spec seats enhance the driver’s sense of oneness with the vehicle.
- -The naturally-aspirated, K20A 2.0l DOHC i-VTEC engine features a higher compression ratio, and head ports finished using an NSX-style process. Maximum output:198 hp (148kW or 201PS) / 7,800rpm and maximum torque: 193N·m (19.7kg·m) /5,600rpm.
- -The Civic Type R Euro comes equipped with a close-ratio, 6-speed manual transmission with short-stroke shifter.
- -High performance 18-inch wheels, and a torque-sensitive helical limited slip differential.
- -Equipped with VSA (ABS + TCS + sideslip control).
- -Equipped with ABS with custom tuned EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution system) and Brake Assist.
- -Equipped with custom 18-inch tires (225/40R18 88Y) on custom 18-inch lightweight aluminum wheels.
So far, no word when it will be available in the U.S. Our guess that it will arrive in the U.S. somewhere in the second quarter of 2011. Come on, Mr. Takanobu Ito, give it up already! You had your fun, now it’s our turn. See the Japanese review video below, that is if you can understand Japanese. Rough translation, he is saying that this car is fun to drive and you won’t be disappointed.