2011-Lincoln-MKZ-Hybrid-31.jpg">62962011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid-3″ /2011-Lincoln-MKZ-Hybrid-31
The quest for a greener and more fuel efficient engine is at full speed, and Ford is not about to trail behind. It is officially certified by USEPA, the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is rated at 41 mgp in the city and 36 mpg in the highway. Those are very fuel efficient numbers, which puts the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid in par with the Ford Fusion Hybrid and ahead of the Lexus HS250h (rated at 35/34 mpg city/hwy.) Lets face it, gas prices hover at around $3/gallon, a hybrid car transition is the way to go.
To achieve such fuel efficiency numbers, the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid uses the company’s second-generation hybrid technology, 2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle I-4 hybrid engine. The system combines the gasoline engine and electric battery-driven motors to deliver optimal performance and fuel economy.
The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid will go on sale this fall.
[ title=”Press Release”]
- 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid receives EPA certification, making it the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan in America with a certified 41 mpg in city driving and 36 mpg on the highway
- 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid tops its nearest competitor – the 2010 Lexus HS 250h – in fuel economy (by 6 mpg), engine power, passenger room, standard luxury (leather upholstery and genuine wood) and segment-exclusive safety features
- MKZ Hybrid’s SmartGauge™ with EcoGuide cluster coaches drivers to optimum fuel economy and lower emissions with growing leaves and apple blossoms as rewards for efficient driving – within one year, efficient drivers are expected to save nearly 200 gallons of gas and reduce their carbon footprint by almost two tons of CO2Dearborn, Mich., June 16, 2010 – Lincoln’s first-ever hybrid – the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid – is now officially the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan in America with an EPA-certified 41 mpg rating in city driving and 36 mpg on the highway.
“The 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid provides a real choice in the marketplace for customers looking for a vehicle that not only makes a statement about who they are but also reflects their ideals,” said Derrick Kuzak, Ford’s group vice president, Global Product Development. “It offers the best fuel economy in its segment, a host of advanced safety features, and all the amenities and modern design of a true luxury sedan.”
The 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid’s final fuel economy certification was completed this week, and the vehicle will carry an EPA label of 41 mpg for city driving and 36 mpg on the highway when it goes on sale this fall. It tops its nearest competitor – the 2010 Lexus HS 250h – by 6 mpg. It also trumps the Lexus HS 250h with room for one more passenger and more standard luxury and segment-exclusive safety features.
“The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid offers everything our customers look for in a midsize luxury sedan, plus unsurpassed fuel economy,” said Kuzak. “Our engineers worked to ensure the hybrid electric motor and engine complement each other in a fashion that reflects the truly refined driving experience that is synonymous with the Lincoln name.”
Building on Ford Motor Company’s reputation as a world leader in electrified technology, the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid uses the company’s second-generation hybrid technology – the
2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle I-4 hybrid engine – named one of Ward’s 2010 “10 Best Engines.” The system combines the best attributes of the gasoline engine and electric battery-driven motors to deliver optimal performance and fuel economy.
Industry-leading fuel economy comes without sacrificing power. The combined gasoline engine and electric motor provide 191 net horsepower. Plus, the pure electric mode on the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid extends to 47 mph – compared with the Lexus HS 250h battery-only mode, which reaches just 25 mph.
2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid: Luxury comes standard
In addition to being the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan in America, the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid includes a host of standard features either not offered at all on the Lexus HS 250h, or available at an extra cost. They are:
- SmartGauge with EcoGuide
- Lincoln SYNC®
- Bridge of Weir leather-trimmed seats
- 10-way power passenger seat
- Power driver memory seat settings
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Genuine wood trim
- Reverse sensing system
- Keyless entry keypad
- Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel-Filler
- Personal Safety System™
- Integrated spotter mirrors
- Acoustic laminated windshield