2011-Infiniti-IPL-G-Coupe-6.jpg">73292011 Infiniti IPL Sedan” /2011-Infiniti-IPL-G-Coupe-6-620×362.jpg” “620” 362″ />
Infiniti announced the 348-horsepower 2011 Infiniti Performance Line G Coupe. It was debuted exclusively at the 60th annual Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance on last Saturday. The 2011 Infiniti G Coupe will become available at retailers nationwide in December.
Visually, the 2011 Infiniti G Coupe looks much more aggressive with its sportier aerodynamic body package. It has sharper edges that noticeable in the front fascia, side skirts and rear bumper. New foglights and the dark, multi-spoke 19-inch wheels are added to mix with the two tone colors of Graphite Shadow and Malbec Black.
IPL-specific engine covers and badges are placed all over the 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe. The Infiniti Performance Line, or IPL, offers a new level of premium performance for Infiniti vehicles, focusing not just on engine power and acceleration, but also on redefining total vehicle performance.
According to Infiniti Vice President Ben Poore, “IPL was conceived to create a new premium performance envelope, going beyond equipment upgrades to accelerate the very soul of Infiniti’s Inspired Performance. IPL brings all the elements together, styling harmonized with performance, exhaust note with acceleration feel, ride comfort and confident handling. It’s the perfect formula for unmatched driving exhilaration.”
The 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe also offers a sport-tuned steering gear and large 4-wheel sport brakes with aluminum-alloy opposed calipers (4-piston front/2-piston rear) and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD). In addition, front spring rates have been increased 20% over the base G Coupe and rear spring rates increased 10%. Shock tuning has also been adjusted to reach a new premium performance standard.
When it comes to more performance, it means more fuel consumption, and that is something we need to watch out these days due to the hiked price of gasoline. Even with the horsepower increase, the 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe’s fuel economy rating remains the same, which is 17 city/25 highway mpg for manual, 19 city/27 highway mpg for automatic.
As you can expect, the price will also be increase for this performance-line vehicle. It is expected that the new 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe is more than $50,000 MSRP. Here are the key features and specs of the new 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe:
- IPL-tuned 3.7-liter DOHC 24-valve VQ37HR V6
- 348 horsepower @ 7,400 rpm
- 276 lb-ft torque @ 5,200 rpm
- IPL-tuned high-flow dual exhaust
- Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter or 7-speed automatic transmission with solid magnesium paddle shifters
- IPL-tuned performance suspension with independent front double wishbone / independent rear multi-link, front and rear stabilizer bars
- 19-inch IPL split 7-spoke graphite-finish wheels (19×8.5” front / 19×9” rear)
- P225/45R19 front / P245/40R19 rear W-rated Bridgestone Potenza RE50A summer tires
- 14.7:1 sport-tuned steering gear
- 4-wheel ventilated disc sport brakes with aluminum-alloy 4-piston opposed front brake calipers / 2-piston opposed rear calipers
- Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VSLD)
- IPL aerodynamics with front and rear fascias, side sills and rear spoiler
- Unique IPL emblem
- IPL engine cover
- Red-stitched sport front seats and steering wheel
- Aluminum pedals and footrest
- Interior colors: Monaco Red Leather and Graphite Leather
- Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® premium audio system
- Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information, XM NavWeather™ with Real-Time Weather and 3-day forecast (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Zagat® Restaurant Guide and 9.3GB Music Box® Hard Drive
- RearView Monitor
- Rear Sonar System
- Exterior colors: Malbec Black and Graphite Shadow