The 2011 Buick Regal is on the prowl this Thursday when GM Buick reveals the Regal sport sedan to customers in the Los Angeles area. The new mid-size Buick Regal sport sedan is based on the Opel Insignia’s design with modern, sleek design that has a European look to it. The 2011 Buick Regal included a turbocharger four-cylinder engine, which is mated to a six-speed powertrain that has an estimated 30 mpg fuel efficiency. Most notable is the Interactive Drive Control System that let drivers to select different driving conditions.
The new Buick Regal is expected to arrive in the second quarter of 2010, so mark so calender for this elegant sedan. See here for updated information on the 2011 Buick Regal GS.
Here are the specs for the 2011 Buick Regal:
Regal will initially be offered in premium CXL trim only, with additional trim levels to be offered in the 2012 model year. The well-equipped Regal CXL includes the following as standard or available equipment:
- Standard 2.4L Ecotec direct injected engine rated at an estimated 182 horsepower (136 kW)
- Available 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and direct injected engine rated at an estimated 220 horsepower (164 kW) – available late-summer 2010
- Both engines have a six-speed automatic transmission standard with driver-shifting control
- Estimated 30 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L and 29 mpg highway with the 2.0L turbo engine
- MacPherson strut front suspension and four-link independent rear suspension
- All-new Interactive Drive Control System (IDCS) available with the 2.0L turbo, offering driver-selectable suspension settings and automatic driver suspension setting adaptability
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic parking brake
- Standard StabiliTrak stability control system and full-function traction control
- Standard dual-stage frontal air bags, side-curtain air bags and pedal-release system; rear-seat thorax air bags available
- Available navigation system, Harmon Kardon sound system, internal flash drive (1GB), hard drive with 10GB for music and USB port
- Standard 18-inch wheels (19-inch wheels standard with IDCS)
- Standard 12-way power, leather and heated driver seat; leather and heated passenger front seat; Bluetooth capability; XM Satellite Radio and OnStar.