2011-Subaru-Forester-1a.jpg">92212011 Subaru Forester-1a” /2011-Subaru-Forester-1a-620×290.jpg” “620” 290″ />
Subaru has launched official details on the 2011 Forester. Subaru had recently introduced the new 2.5-liter boxer four-cylinder engine for all of its vehicles. Although nothing spectacular about this new engine, it can now be found on the 2011 Forester XT CUV.
Addition, Subaru will now providing the top model of the 2011 Forester Premium and XT Touring versions. The Touring model is now replaced the Limited as the top of the line, which comes with features like self-adjusting HID headlights, dual-zone climate control, and a backup camera as well.
Subaru also added more standard equipment to the 2011 Forester. This includes Bluetooth connection to your cell phones and a one-touch up/down driver’s window. To round out the gadgetry in the 2.5X Premium and 2.5XT Premium trims, Subaru also added a new audio system with six speakers, USB and AUX inputs, iPod and Satellite radio capability. As for the exterior changes, a new set 17-inch alloy wheels and a new body color roof spoiler are added to the mix.
[ title=”Press Release”]
Subaru What’s New for 2011
* All-new engine for Forester 2.5X models (turbocharged 2.5XT retains current engine); new bore/stroke dimensions with slightly longer stroke; displacement slightly larger (2,498 cc vs. 2,457 cc); chain driven double overhead cam vs. belt driven single overhead cam before; 170 horsepower is same as before, at slightly lower rpm; torque is up to 174 lb.-ft. at 4,100 rpm (vs. 170 @ 4,400 rpm); fuel economy is improved: 2011 manual and automatic transmissions — 21 mpg city / 27 mpg highway vs. 2010 20/27 for manual and 20/26 for automatic.
* New 2.5X Touring positioned above Limited: features HID headlights (low beam) with automatic height adjustment; display audio system with backup camera; dual zone automatic climate control; silver finish roof rails; electroluminescent gauges, and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
* 2.5XT models now include 2.5XT Premium and 2.5XT Touring, the latter replacing 2.5XT Limited as top Forester model.
* 2.5XT Premium gets new 10-way power driver’s seat.
* Bluetooth® standard on all but base model.
* Backup camera standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring as part of new audio system.
* New standard audio system for 2.5X Premium and 2.5XT Premium: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth® hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability.
* New optional TomTom Navigation System for 2.5X Premium includes removable 4.3-inch touch-screen portable navigation device; AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling; iPod control capability and USB port. Also, a backup camera is available as an accessory with this system.
* New audio system with rear camera for 2.5X Limited and Touring and 2.5XT Touring models: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 4.3-inch display screen, Radio Broadcast Data System; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability. (The backup camera is standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring and available as an accessory for 2.5X Limited.)
* Driver’s auto up/down window with pinch protection (except base model).
* New 17-inch alloy wheel design for 2.5X Premium.
* New body-color roof spoiler on 2.5XT models